10.14.2012

31 Days of Pinterest Projects - Day 14 - Inspiration for the Day of Rest

Here are just three simple quotes I've gathered over on Pinterest  and would like to share with you today, on the Day of Rest. The first two sum up how I feel lately about how I'm choosing to spend my days. 


source unknown

I have a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering from Purdue University. But I don't use it. *Gasp* I worked four years in the field and knew from Day 1 of my first full-time job that it was a mistake. Well, if I'm being completely honest, I kinda knew from Semester 1 of my Freshman Year. But I didn't know what else to do. I did not want a "career" and all that goes with it. But I didn't have the guts to say that to "the world" till 2009 when I "retired".

I often get questions from people (especially those who are about my parents' age...) about what I'm doing. When I say that I stay at home with my son, help my husband with his automotive business, and write a blog on interior design (among other things), they are shocked. I even had one person say "That's it??", incredulously. Nice.

I guess they're just shocked that I'm not sitting at a desk in a cubicle on a computer with hundreds of others inside an office building 60 hours a week, pretending to want to be there when all I want to do is live MY life, free from the risk of being "let go" by someone who doesn't even know me. I guess they're shocked that I don't want to sit in rush hour traffic for hours each day and eat my microwavable Weight Watchers meal alone in my car listening to the Dave Ramsey Show and dreaming of "getting out" of my own little "prison." I guess they're shocked that I don't want to start my "own" day at 7pm when I finally get home from that rat race and it's already dark cuz it's fall. My favorite season and I get to see it for one hour a day from my car while eating my Weight Watchers lunch. ;)

Man, I'm excited about starting my new life at the age of 30. Taking risks and dreaming dreams. Living life the way I want to. I'm embracing my creativity and coming alive. Life is too short to spend it in a cubicle. There's nothing money can buy that makes it worth it for me to spend my life that way. And hopefully this new creative path will someday make me lots of money too ;)


Ok. Now that that's out, this last quote is just for fun. Enjoy!



For more of the 31 Days of Pinterest Projects, just click over here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post made me cry. Good for you. Love you so much. Margy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...