Great Ideas with Casters Rolling Around!
Lately I’ve been noticing all kinds of things rolling around the Internet with casters. I even created a “Casters” pinboard over on Pinterest to gather some of the best ideas.
Check out this fun little roundup!
1. I just love the look of this DIY coffee table that Kevin & Layla from The Lettered Cottage created by adding casters to an old chicken crate for his parents’ back porch sitting area. Don’t you just want to curl up there with a good book?
2. Blueprint DIY-ed this fun ottoman from 2 chair cushions, a board and some casters. Quick and easy!
3. Lisa from A Vintage Vine added casters to this simple woven antique trunk for another fun and functional coffee table.
4. Little Pink Monster created a Serena and Lily $118 storage crates knock-off by adding casters to some old crates for rolling toy storage / coffee tables.
5. Better Homes and Gardens suggests adding casters to an suitcase for rolling under the bed storage in a small bedroom.
6. I love this super stylish, vintage-industrial rolling hamper available on House 8810.
7. If you’re into the idea of reclaiming pallets as furniture in your home, why not DIY a coffee table with a pallet and some casters? It would be so great to shift it around from the couch to some armchairs, wherever you want to put your feet up and relax for a while.
8. Another great idea is to recycle a crate or box by adding casters and using it for magazine or toy storage around the family room.
9. Ballard Designs currently sells the fabulous Hartman desk chair complete with casters.
10. Better Homes and Gardens suggests adding casters to a shoe cubby organizer at the back door for a handy seat to roll out and slip on your shoes.
11. I’ve long been a fan of the white Alex drawer unit on casters available at IKEA. It would be great for additional storage in an office or craft room.
12. Or use casters and other items to DIY a hardware kit for some salvaged barn doors.
After reviewing all these fun ideas, I’m thinking of adding casters to our hamper so it’s easier to get from the bathroom to the laundry room…and I’ve also considered adding casters to our island. What do you think? And have you added casters to anything lately?
Posted by Katie Neer at 4:54 PM