12.24.2012

Merry Christmas from our House!!

We celebrated Christmas way back at Thanksgiving with Dave’s family so our holiday is a bit low key and simplified this year and to be completely honest, I am kind of enjoying it. I’m more of a laid back kind of person and I’ve been known to call Christmas an “endurance test” just like my dad does. I tend to get all stressed out when there are too many parties and activities in a short period of time.

This year I’m going to participate in the Nester’s 2012 Christmas Tour of Homes link up. It has been going on for quite some time so I’m a bit late to the party, but better late than never, right?

We had some family photos taken back in October and we thoroughly enjoyed working with the photographers, Castle Photographie, in preparing our Christmas card this year. I just love the vintage chalkboard design.

IMG_1116

IMG_1117

In addition, we’ve enjoyed decorating our home.  We went out one night in the rain with Dave’s dad to Young’s Jersey Dairy and picked up a fir tree. They strapped it to the roof of our car and everything. It was so National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation style …except there was no squirrel in the tree, thank goodness!

IMG_1034

Levi and Daddy thoroughly enjoyed themselves as we set up and decorated the tree!

IMG_1036IMG_1038

The Nester is always an inspiration to me with her “It doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful” tag line. And that is exactly our motto this year. I really wanted to have our Christmas tree in the living room. I also really wanted new flooring, paint and curtains too but for now, this is how it is and it’s still beautiful all decked out for Christmas!!!! So since we’re not hosting a party here or anything, at least I can share it with all of you :)

IMG_1090

IMG_1096

 

IMG_1093

IMG_1094

IMG_1098

IMG_1099

I absolutely love receiving real in-the-snail-mail cards at Christmas. This year I displayed them in our kitchen on a table on the memo board next to a red poinsettia. Each time we walked in the back door this is the sight we saw.

IMG_1119

 

And just for kicks here are a few more fun Christmas photos – making gingerbread houses with Dave’s family at Thanksgiving. Levi loved this activity – especially the part where he was eating the décor for the houses as he worked.

 

IMG_0990IMG_0991

IMG_0993

I think he did a pretty grand job for his first time.

IMG_0996IMG_0999

We also enjoyed setting up our glittery nativity scene again this year. I put it up high on top of an armoire so Levi couldn’t get it all the time.

IMG_1118

But he did request it maybe 2 or 3 times and I let him play a few minutes with it. This is the night he ran over Baby Jesus with his car. I scolded him so he put the baby inside the car instead.

IMG_1050IMG_1049IMG_1051IMG_1054IMG_1059

To me this last picture is my favorite of the whole entire Christmas season. It says it all. It’s my precious two year old boy Levi, all decked out in his cute red plaid pajama pants, with his tree on top of cars shirt from Gamma holding Baby Jesus in his manger…and oh yeah, wearing swimming shoes. :)

IMG_1057

Merry Christmas everyone!!! And we hope you have a blessed 2013!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...