10.12.2012

31 Days of Pinterest Projects - Day 11 (a bit late, on Day 12!) - Shoe Organizer

For the last three years I've had only two, maybe three, pairs of shoes at a time. So, when the opportunity came to help my mother organize her shoe cabinet, I was thrilled, because I came home with at least ten new pairs of shoes that she no longer wanted. Woohoo!!!!! But blessings do sometimes come at a price. And while the floor space on my side of the closet used to accommodate my one pair of tennis shoes and one pair of black heels quite nicely, now it looks like this. Ahhh!!!!


I hate it. It's a nightmare to find the matching shoes and this massive pile gets jumbled up everyday by my two year old who now thinks the most fun thing in the world is to put on my shoes and dash out the patio door, hoping I won't notice him escaping.

So we were at Big Lots and found a four tiered shoe rack for just $10 and I could not pass it up. I had considering getting one from the Container Store but I think the one I wanted there was at least $20. It was super easy to assemble and it will hold up to 12 pairs of shoes. 

Now check out my side of the closet! Does anyone else's blood pressure lower just scrolling down to this photo after seeing the above photo? There's something so relaxing about organization!


For more posts in this series, just click here.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...